Thursday, March 20, 2014

A bit of a change in direction

I'm back to blogging after a long hiatus. Things happen. Seasons change. You discover newness inside yourself. Some dreams which were residents in your soul for as long as you can recall, suddenly become reality. Or maybe, they were always just waiting in the wings.

I had always been enamoured of painting and drawing. But I never had the courage to pick up a brush. Just like the internal editor who is ever present in a writer's mind, this killjoy never allowed me to even try. Instead I would look and yearn.

Something happened along the way as I realized that if I don't try, I would never know. So, one day, encouraged by my lovely girls, I gathered up the courage. I know what you are thinking - "...and then she became an amazing artist - ta da!"

Not so fast. I'm still very new to this. For so long, words were my media of expression. To translate that into lines, values, composition and colours is a long long process. My journey has just begun. I propose to document my journey. I wish to record it for my own edification.

You are welcome to stay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment